Before You Head Out
NEW FOR 2014 - PGA TOUR TOURNAMENT BAG POLICYThe PGA TOUR has implemented a new bag policy at all PGA TOUR events starting in 2014. Please CLICK HERE for the new tournament policy.
New PGA TOUR measures require patrons to agree to security wanding before entering the course. All items are subject to search. You will be asked to return all unauthorized items to your car before you are allowed to board the shuttles. The tournament does not provide a "check" facility, so attendees are urged to not bring restricted items.
Prohibited Items Include:
- No knives, firearms or weapons of any nature
- No cameras (Thursday - Sunday)
- No bags larger than a small purse (6" x 6" x 6") such as carrying cases, backpacks, camera bags or chair bags
- No posters, signs or banners
Mobile Device Policy
We are pleased to announce that the John Deere Classic will allow mobile devices on the golf course this year as long as the patrons follow a basic code of conduct policy designed to ensure that play will not be affected. The code of conduct includes the following:
Mobile devices must be silenced
Calls only permitted in designated areas (near concession stands)
No video recording permitted at any time
No photographs permitted Thursday - Sunday
Violations of this policy may result in mobile devices being confiscated and/or patrons being removed from the property
Find Out When Your Favorite Players Tee OffThursday and Friday pairings are determined before the tournament begins, with each golfer playing one day in the morning and the other day in the afternoon. Saturday and Sunday pairings are based on a player's score, with the leaders teeing off last. Free daily pairing sheets will also be available at the tournament.
Have a PlanHow do you plan to watch your favorite players on the course-"Parade Style" or "Cross-Country Style"? Pick a spot and watch the field pass by ("Parade Style") or follow a particular player or group around the course ("Cross-Country Style").
Arrive EarlyArrive early to reserve a spot, especially if you plan on watching the tournament "Parade Style." On Thursday and Friday, groups simultaneously start on the first and tenth holes. Most people watch the action on the back nine holes, which may give you the opportunity to get a better view of the players on the front nine.
Daily Pairing Sheet and Course MapPick up a daily pairing sheet to find out when the players tee off and the order of the groups. Pairing sheets include a course map, and are available near entrances and at selected locations on the tournament grounds. Plan ahead using our course map.
The pros usually play in 3somes on Thursday and Friday and 2somes on the weekends. Check the scoreboards to find out who the leaders are and where they are on course. One way to tell the players from a distance is to look for their caddies, who wear vests with their player's name on the back.
Proper ApparelBe sure to check the weather to determine proper apparel. Always bring a rain jacket or poncho, and wear light colored and cool clothing on hot and mostly sunny days. Also, be sure to wear comfortable shoes, preferably with flat soles to avoid injury that may result due to uneven terrain.
PhonesCell phones are NOW ALLOWED on course. Please make sure your ringer is set to Silent. You may use cell phones to make calls in designated call areas. Verizon call centers will be available at the 9th Tee, clubhouse area, and near the driving rage area to make outgoing calls.
Special ServicesSpecial services are available to any patron needing assistance. Special services is located in front of the clubhouse and provides access to and from the handicap viewing areas on the 9th green, 18th green, to and from hospitality venues, and to various areas on a special loop on the back 9. People in need of these services may drive their car to the special services parking near the Main Gate (Oops Drive) on Friendship Farm Road and take the handicapped accessible shuttle to the clubhouse. Access to this parking area requires a handicapped license plate or tag. Follow the signs to Special Needs parking as you turn into the golf course. Special Services can be reached throughout tournament week at the following number:309-696-3086, 309-258-5706
- Review the course map before you head out.
- Carpool whenever possible and remember where your car is parked.
- Tickets must be prominently displayed at all times.
- Wear headgear and sunglasses for protection from the sun and use sun block.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Concession stands are located at the clubhouse, 5th green, 7th tee, 9th green, 13th tee and the 16th green.
- Familiarize yourself with the 1st Aid Stations located on-site.
- ATMs are located near the backside of the clubhouse.
- Volunteers in Information Services, wearing "Ask Me" pins, will be able to answer any questions you may have while on-site.
- Stay behind the gallery ropes and cooperate with the marshals.
- Kneel or sit down if you are in the front row.
- Remain still through each shot and do not move until all players in the group have played or completed the hole.
- Walk carefully-never run.